Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Feels like Spring!




































Another fabulous storm began Friday night. It was very heavy snow and weighed down all the trees and grasses. Ice coated everything. Yesterday it began to warm and the icicles slowly disappeared. It sounded like someone was pounding on the roof all last night from the heavy clumps of snow falling from the trees. Today is sunny and warm! It feels like Spring!!!

So I thought I'd show some bright and sunny pillows to honor this happy mood. These were made by my talented buddy Melissa Peda. They are inspired by traditional quilt designs but the results are very contemporary. The fabrics are all from the Early Birds line for FreeSpirit. I'm finding that the bright yellow Curlicue fabric adds some punch to many projects.

This is a busy week as the new book, Patchwork Sassaman Style is nearing completion. It looks beautiful and I can't wait to share it with you! Dragon Threads and I will keep you in the loop, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Melissa P said...

The yellow really does make it all work. And it's always a joy to play with Sassaman fabrics. I think the results speak for themselves every time.