Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Bounty Full of Thanksgiving Fabrics

The season of the harvest celebration has begun! Time to get out those comforting recipes and start preparing for that big Thanksgiving party. But wouldn't it be nice to have a new look on the table this year? One of the fastest and easiest projects are cloth napkins and it gives the feast a bit of class, too!

I think this combination would make a smashing place mat and napkin combination! The stripes are a nice accent for all of these Prairie Gothic projects.

Now, what about the guestroom? New pillowcases are the way to go. I made some with this Queen Anne's Lace pattern which make a sophisticated statement in the turquoise bedroom.

This Teasel and Lace design is available in quilt fabric and in home decorating weight, as well.
How about recovering that tired but comfortable little couch and adding a few accent pillows in the Dusky Bird's Eye pattern?

After a long day of family fun, those nephews and nieces could be as snug-as-a-bug-in-a-rug wrapped in a whole cloth coverlet of cozy critters.

Here's another great combination. I imagine a Sweet Potato Vine tablecloth with checkered napkins. 

So far, most of these are products of my imagination! But tonight is my last lecture of the year and so I will be able to make them materialize as soon as I get home.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that tie!

I am wanting some of your new line of fabric so bad! is it available for purchase yet? Do you have any online vendors carrying your line?

MelissaS said...

I love the new line. Just patiently waiting to purchase some home decor weight. I have some dining room chairs that need some zing!

Leah said...

That's an awesome dress the model is wearing. love the fabric. You're my hero, Jane. In all the interviews I've read of you, you're always down to earth and you're a great inspiration to me. One day I'll take a class from you. Meanwhile I'll collect your books and fabric!! Keep Quilting!

Leah

Laura Wasilowski said...

Beautiful fabric designs. I can see then in my dining room now!