Friday, April 4, 2008

Beth and Jane's Big Adventure


I have a good excuse for missing last weeks posting... I was a guest on The Quilt Show with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims!! I shared the honor with Beth Wheeler, author of "Altered Photo Artistry" and creator of "Threadography". Beth and I met up at the airport and shared a scenic car ride to charming LaVeta, Colorado, where the show is taped.

When we finally arrived, we were greeted by a happy crew; it felt like a family reunion instead of a work sight. And it was a kind of reunion, as this was every one's first day back on the set to tape the final episode of one series and begin shooting the next.


They tape two shows a day and Beth was the first one up. She looked relaxed and very professional during the whole process and her work looked wonderful hanging on the set. It was reassuring to see the whole procedure before my turn in the afternoon.

All went well, thanks to Alex and Ricky's friendly professionalism and a receptive studio audience! They allowed this quiet quilter to step out and show her stuff. Our programs are to be aired at the end of June and the beginning of July, respectively, so stay tuned and subscribe to The Quilt Show to see all your favorite fabric friends.


Back home, I have finally gotten the chance to play with some fabric. I have designed a new set of "Simple Silhouette" patterns based on Mexican folk art and they look perfect in the Mexican colorway of the Hothouse fabric. One of the four designs is the skull motif from the Pushing Up Daisies quilt, since I have had many requests for a pattern. The instructions are in production now and I will let you know when they come off the press.



No comments: